Alliance in the News RSS
The NCI Alliance for Nanotechnology in Cancer is conducting cutting-edge research using nanotechnology to transform the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, and clinical outcomes for cancer patients. Read news stories and announcements below about the Alliance's multidisciplinary work.
- Multiple Alliance PIs contributed to a recent thematic issue highlighting 'Nanoparticles in Medicine' in the ACS journal Chemical Reviews.
ACS Chemical Reviews — October 14, 2015
- Joe DeSimone, PI of the UNC CCNE, Awarded $250,000 Kabiller Prize in nanoscience and nanomedicine
Northwestern University International Institute for Nanotechnology — September 2015
- Chad Mirkin, PI of the Northwestern University CCNE, Awarded First NAS Prize in Convergence Research
National Academy of Sciences — September 2015
- Jeff Brinker and Cheryl Willman, PI's of the UNM CNPP, win 2015 STC.UNM Innovation Award for their Protocell technology
UNM — March 2015
- Joe DeSimone group, PI of the UNC CCNE, develop novel method for rapid 3D printing
AAAS — March 2015
- Jeff Brinker, PI of the UNM CNPP, elected to the Materials Research Society Board of Directors
MRS — March 2015
- Robert Langer, PI of the MIT-Harvard CCNE, accepts Queen Elizabeth Prize for Engineering
BBC — February 2015
- Naomi Halas, PI of the Rice University CNPP, becomes new director of the Richard E. Smalley Institute for Nanoscale Science and Technology.
Houston News — January 2015